Millennium3 collects your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your adviser know when
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with products and services;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable Millennium3 or another member of the IOOF Group to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser;
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers or alliance partners) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction, investment research and to undertake analytics activities);
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Millennium3 and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving Millennium3;
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
- where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
- where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Millennium3 may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your personal information (including health and other sensitive information) to:
- an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
- IOOF and any related entity of IOOF which may use the information to carry out IOOF’s functions and activities;
- organisations, including those in an alliance with Millennium3 or IOOF, to distribute, manage and administer our products and services, carry out business functions and undertake analytics activities;
- any agent, contractor or service provider of Millennium3 or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
- an organisation that assists Millennium3 to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties Millennium3 is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
- any person who introduces you to Millennium3;
- – your referee(s);
- – your employer;
- – your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
- – your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
Where your adviser discloses your personal information to recipients which are (1) located outside Australia and/or (2) either not established in or do not carry on business in Australia, he/she will inform you of those countries in the Adviser Profile of our FSG.
Marketing and Privacy
We and other members of the IOOF Group may use your personal information to send you information about our financial products and services from time to time.
We and IOOF may also disclose your personal information to our related companies or organisations in an arrangement or alliance with us and/or IOOF to share information for marketing purposes. This is to enable them or IOOF to tell you about a product or service offered by them or a third party with whom they have an arrangement.
If you do not want us or IOOF to use and disclose your information as set out above, phone Customer Services on (07) 3902 9800 to withdraw your consent.
- the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information (including health and other sensitive information) from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related entity will deal with those matters
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you wish to